I have never been big into orange juice. It just wasn't my thing, maybe it's the pulp. Well... I finally found an orange juice I like! Of course, it is homemade and fresh from our new juicer!
Yup, the secret is in the pear. It smooths out the juice and cuts the acidity of the oranges. This batch made quite a bit of juice so we just store it in the fridge in a pitcher.
Oh, we found a huge bag of apples for $2.50 at the produce market last weekend! Next up: apple juice varieties!
P.S. Officially certified to teach Zumba!
If program X1 is adopted, 4 million lives will be lost.
If program X2 is adopted, there is a one-third probability that no lives will be lost and a two-thirds probability that 6 million lives will be lost.
If company B gets the contract an estimated 4.2 million lives will automatically be saved.
If company C gets the contract, there is an estimated 40% probability that no lives will be saved and a 60% probability that all lives will be saved.
It was nice to have a short week! I feel as though this week has been a productive one... which is very nice to be thinking on a Friday. Some of the best moments were, of course, captures on my instagram app.
1. Want to know what happens when you go to school on a Friday after a storm? Well this girl found $6 in the parking lot at the end of the day! 2. Did my meal planning with Martha this week. We had a great week of meals. Many times we said "we need to make this again". When life is busy with school it is so nice to be able to have a healthy and fresh meal on the table. 3. A Starbucks date on Saturday morning. Enough said. 4. Watching the Riders... they finally won a game! I am thankful for ESPN3 from the south.
5. Saw my Peter's magnet on the fridge... suddenly got a strong desire for a milkshake. 6. Went to Starbucks one morning and made a great discovery... pumpkin spice is back! We are obsessed! 7. Did you buy the living social deal for Starbucks? I sure did. Too bad I could not buy more than one. 8. Needed to go to Hobby Lobby this week and found out that Christmas trees and decorations are out. Ho Ho Ho! Is it Christmas break yet?
This weekend: work, read, meal plan/ get groceries, and relax. It's a very typical weekend. They claim there is a "cold front" coming through so we may need to go for a walk. Oh! and some LSU tailgating on Saturday too! Have a great weekend!
I have been begging B for one of these for months! We went to stay with friends in Boston last month who happened to have this exact one... they made him one juice and he was hooked! Thanks J&M! I had read great things about the Breville Juice Fountain Plus in the past but it was nice to get a recommendation from friends and see how easy it was to use.
I saw this recipe in Martha Stewart Living magazine and knew I needed to make my own version. We made some modifications, but we always do!
2 pieces grilled chicken
1/2 head romaine
4 slices whole grain bread, drizzled with evoo and toasted in the oven
1 red pepper, sliced
1 eggplant, sliced
salad dressing: we used a mix of evoo, balsamic, and herbs
Toss red pepper and eggplant slices in evoo, salt, and pepper. Broil in oven for approx 20 minutes, turning half way through. Chop all ingredients into bite sized pieces (we chop the romaine and chicken even smaller), toss with salad dressing, and serve on a beautiful white plate. And guess what, we did not even add cheese to this salad... which is a shock for us!
This was a great meal after a long afternoon of yard work and even made leftovers for lunches the next day. What more could a girl ask for?
You may or may not know, I have started teaching Zumba. Yes, I now get paid to teach America's youth to dance. I get paid to workout... I think it's a great job... So far.
So far we have learned basic steps for salsa, merengue, cumbia, and reggaeton. On the last day of class of the week we do core workout. That means, crunches, planks, and supermans. Last week we also did a Bodyrock workout for a short but killer workout. I like to throw new thing at my students to keep their bodies thinking and hearts pumping. Oh and a new fave of mine is a 7 minute song of squats at their end of their workout. They will never enjoy a Shakira song again!
This week: more review, some squats, a tango, and a killer end of week core workout!
I hope to post some Zumba playlists eventually. For now, just a quick recap for your reading pleasure.
P.S. Pumpkin spice is back! I had to have mine iced as it is still crazy hot out here