Happy Friday! Guess what! Summer semester is over! All I have left is to enter grades and a final exam on Wednesday! It was a busy 7 weeks but we survived. Now I am counting down to leave for a 2 week vacation in a week! Here is what I have been up to this week:
1. My Sperry sandals broke last weekend. I originally purchased them on onlineshoes.com so I called to see what they could do since $90 sandals should not fall apart within 3 months. The customer service was amazing. We decided the best idea would be to buy the shoes again as they were on sale. So I bout the new ones for $20 less then used a prepaid shipping label to return the old ones for a full refund. I had my new shoes by last Friday so I did not even need to survive a week without my fave sandals. Now that is customer service.
2. Fave smoothie this week: strawberry, peanut butter, vanilla. Yum!
3. Whole Foods makes the best breakfast wraps. This was a great treat on Saturday morning.
4. I just picked up two books from the library I have been dying to read. Summer vacation cannot start soon enough! The hardest decision will be which to read first.
It's supposed to be beautiful this weekend. You will find me studying by the pool! Have a great weekend.
Happy Friday! It has been a busy and productive week for us. School, school, and more school was the name of the game this week. Okay, I did have time for some fun too.
This weekend I need to finish a paper, work on my thesis, and study for cadaver lab. I also hope to make it to the farmer's market this weekend for some groceries for next week.
Have a great weekend!
Happy Friday once again! This past week was busy with class, teaching, statistics, and work. I felt like this week was productive so I am happy to know Friday is here (sleep in time tomorrow!). Here's a few snippets of my week:
1. I have never been to In N Out Burger but last weekend the idea of eating a burger wrapped in lettuce seemed like an amazing idea. New I just need to go on a road trip to find one of these delicious looking creations!
2. On Thursday I dressed up for school. My students were working on group projects so I did not have to teach Zumba. It took me 20 minutes to decide what to wear... I guess that's what happens when I have options other than Lululemon.
3. Wine + Saturday night + a date
4. Are you ready for some football? The CFL is back in action and it is even easier to watch now that appleTV has an ESPN3 app. The Riders have been doing great so far thus season!
This weekend I need to finish a paper, work on my thesis, do a ton of laundry, get groceries, and work. It shall be a busy one. Only 2.5 weeks left of summer semester then off for a much needed 2 week vacation with B!
We are getting close to the end of summer semester. I have a few books I really want to read but I know I need to wait until I am done with studying, writing & teaching.
I really want to spend my vacation by the pool reading Revenge Wears Prada & Bringing Up Bebe. Luckily, our vacations between semesters involves going somewhere with a pool and our local public library has both of these books!
Free reading = totally my style.
Happy Friday! This summer is going by way to quick! But we are also over half way through the summer semester and only 4 weeks away from our summer trip!
1. I am obsessed with my nutribullet! This smoothie had mango, pineapple, spinach, almonds, chia seeds, coconut flakes & coconut water.
2. Just a small snipet of how I stay cool when it is close to 40C. Pool time (new suit = new tan lines)! The flowers at our pool are beautiful and full of color.
3. I wanted to see how long my hair was so I took some extra time last weekend to straighten it. Thank goodness I have a cut booked the week before we go on vacation!
4. Sometimes a girl just needs some pizza. I have said this in the past but we love Anne's Organic pizzas! The supreme one was exactly what I was looking for.
This weekend is full of studying for a big exam on Monday, getting organized for next week, working on my thesis, and more smoothies, of course!
Have a great weekend!
We have some eggs that need to be used up. Thank goodness I feel like eating eggs all weekend... breakfast, lunch, dinner... anytime! Are you like that with breakfast food? We LOVE to go out for brunch but I find I can make healthier versions at home that are just as delicious. Here's a few recipes I have been eying up to use up the eggs in the fridge: