This week was a good week. B got home from Denmark (of course I would not tell you be was gone), I received a couple bits of exciting news (which I will share next week), and I felt very productive (outside of catching a cold which is almost gone - I think I sweat it out in Zumba)! Here's a few snippets of my week:
5. I am obsessed with my new cactus!
6. Just a quick work outfit... new red loafers ($20 at target), a pencil skirt (which is too big on me), and a chambray shirt.
7. I have been working on some OT continuing education courses. It's nice to make a connection back to the OT world!
8. Margarita Thursday. Enough said.
This semester has been busy. Yes, I know I have said that many times. Sometimes, by the end of the week blogging gets put aside for school work... or a nap. Instead of a recipe or other inspiration, Thursdays may vary between nothing and something I saw online. Or maybe not. It really depends on the week.
Since Grey's Anatomy starts tonight, I thought this quote is very appropriate to share with you today. Don't be ordinary, be extraordinary.
Good morning and happy Friday! It's been a busy week but I got a lot done so every moment was worth it. Almost everything I accomplished was school related... it's the name of the game these days. Here's what I have been up to this week:
1. I love when the weekend starts with a margarita. There should be laws to ensure this happens more often.
2. Brussel sprouts + blue cheese = heaven in a bowl.
3. I had leftover broccoli slaw pasta all week, it was delicious. You need to make it sometime.
4. All of my smoothies this week included 1/4 of an avocado. Avocado + blueberries are a great combo.
5. Did I mention avocado also goes well with mango, pineapple, and spinach?
6. I baked an egg in a portobello mushroom. Check back for the recipe on Monday!
7. "Swimming lessons" in Pilates this week... we focused on posterior chain exercises... you know, those core muscles we tend to neglect.
8. iOS 7.0 I am so scared of you. I heard the new apple operating system is great but has some glitches. Hopefully they will be fixed by next week!
Have a great weekend! This weekend I want to focus on writing part of my thesis, completing the first section of a paper for class, and planning another paper. I may also need to find time to make a few new recipes, relax at the pool (even though they claim a cold front is coming through on Saturday), and do some shopping.
Happy Friday! It's been a busy week so it is nice to have a break for a couple days. As of 9:20 this morning it's officially my weekend and I plan to take full advantage of sleepy mornings, poolside afternoons and relaxing evenings. I have some work to get done but that will not take up my whole weekend. Here are a few of my fave moments this week:
1. Just working on my thesis graphics... getting closer to being done!
2. We had a work meeting to discuss the fall line. It was also our manager's last meeting so we celebrated her with cake and flowers! We will miss her.
3. Avocado eggs... our fave! If you have not tried these, make it happen this weekend!
4. A quick date last night. We were meeting B's students but got to have a snack in the bar by ourselves first.
Have an amazing weekend!