8.7.13

avocado eggs

B away away last week (not like I would say anything until he got back ;)). Since I was cooking for one, I did not make anything extravagant... okay maybe just my fave brussel sprout dish. Now that he is back, I have been making a bit more in the kitchen. This dish was sent to my in-laws via text who thought it looked delish and wanted to know how I made it. Well here you go:


 ingredients:
2 avocados
4 eggs
pepper
1oz queso fresco

Preheat oven to 425. Cut avocado in half & remove pit.  Scoop out some of the flesh so you have a space large enough for an egg. Place avocado in muffin tin so it stays balanced. Crack egg gently into space you created in avocado. Top with fresh cracked pepper. Bake in oven for 17 minutes. You can cook it longer but we like our whites cooked and yokes runny. Top with queso fresco and serve immediately.

I can see this recipe being a weekend favorite for us. It was simple, delicious, and so healthy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...