25.9.13

raw zucchini lasagna

Never question Martha Stewart. She knows what she is talking about.  Take this recipe for example.
 I love raw recipes because they are quick, simple and delicious! Seriously. Sometimes I don't want to cook. I just want to eat the deliciousness that I plan to put on my plate. This was one of those recipes. I found this recipe on Pinterest but had to make a few adjustments. No farmer's cheese? Just use ricotta. I also could not find basil so I decided to add some pesto to the cheese.

This would make a great appetizer for guests who are leery about raw or vegetarian meals. For me, it's perfect for a weeknight meal. Because when I get home late, who wants to spend the next hour cooking? Not me!


2 zucchini, sliced thin into rounds or strips
2 tomatoes, sliced thin
1c part skim ricotta cheese
1.5T basil pesto
pepper

Mix together ricotta and pesto. Layer: zucchini, cheese, tomato, zucchini, cheese, tomato, zucchini. Arrange on plate and sprinkle with freshly ground pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...