17.9.13

chocolate chip chipotle salt cookies

Some days you just want a cookie. Luckily, I know lots of people who love cookies so I do not need to eat everything I make. I did not have any butter at room temp... but we live in Louisiana... so I just put it outside and in 30 minutes I was ready to bake! I made some modifications from a recipe I pinned a while back and added some sea salt that I received as a gift from a colleague a couple years ago.

3/4c butter, at room temperature
3/4c brown sugar
1/4c granulated sugar
1 large egg
1T Mexican vanilla
1c whole wheat flour
1c all purpose flour
2t cornstarch
1t baking soda
1/2t salt
3/4c mini chocolate chips
chocolate chipotle sea salt

In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Mix until combined. In a different bowl combine flours, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Stir in chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for 3 hours. Preheat oven to 350F. Drop balls of dough on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet then transfer to cooling rack. Share with others and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...