12.9.13

whole wheat pumpkin muffins

It's officially the season where I do not need to hide my pumpkin obsession! I try to always have homemade muffins on hand for a healthy snack. This week's variety was pumpkin... of course! I made my fave recipe healthier and made a couple small changes.


1 1/4c whole wheat flour
3/4c sugar
1t baking soda
2t pumpkin pie spice
1t Mexican cinnamon
1/2t all spice
1/2t cloves
1/4t salt
2T vegetable oil
5T egg whites
1 1/2t Mexican vanilla
1 1/2c pumpkin puree

Preheat oven to 350.
Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, spices and salt in a bowl.
With an electric mixer, combine oil, egg, vanilla, and pumpkin puree. Slowly add in flour mixture and mix until combined. Do not over mix.
Divide evenly in muffin pan lined with parchment cups.
Bake for 20-25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...