10.2.14

beef & broccoli with teriyaki sauce

I made a discover on Saturday night... the Company's Coming website is gone! Some of my faves from Jean Pare like teriyaki salmon and japanese cabbage salad are gone too! We wanted to teriyaki sauce for our dinner on Saturday so I had to go from memory. I thought I'd share it here so I do not have to stress about finding the recipe in the future!


2T oil
1/4c low sodium soy sauce
2T brown sugar
1t garlic powder
1t ginger
1lb grass fed stew meat, cut into smaller peices
broccoli, cut into florets
brown rice, cooked according to package

Combine first 5 ingredients in a large ziplock bag, mix well. Add beef and let marinate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, cook brown rice according to package. Ours takes 45 minutes to cook so I always have to remember to start it early! 
In a large frying pan lover medium heat, add beef and sauce. Cook until meat is about help cooked. Add broccoli and cover to steam. Cook until beef is cooked to your liking. 
Serve over brown rice.

P.S. Are you loving the Olympics? I am obsessed. We don't have television but I can watch at the gym so I imagine I will be working out more than usual these next 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...