30.10.13

turkey pumpkin soup

Due to our multi-national household, we make thanksgiving dinner twice. Why? Because we strongly believe in celebrating both of our backgrounds... and we love turkey. Really, its the latter but I will take a turkey dinner anyday. This also means I am ahead of all of our American family and friends with planning turkey leftovers. This time: turkey wraps with my cranberry sauce, turkey enchiladas, and turkey pumpkin soup. This soup really reminds me of tortilla soup with a thanksgiving twist.
I have been wanting to share this recipe since we made it... but B made it so that means I had to find out what he put in it!

I took better photos of this soup but I really like how this one turned out. Soup, salad, scones, red wine... and 2 football games. You would not want us to have to make a choice between the CFL and NCAA football.

2T evoo
1 onion, diced
1 head garlic, minced
1T cumin
6c vegetable stock
1 beer
1 1/2lb leftover turkey, chopped
1 small can pumpkin puree
1/2c salsa verde
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
1c frozen corn
1 can black beans, rinced
2t cilantro
grated cheddar & chopped avocado for toppings

Heat evoo in large pot. Add onion, garlic, and cumin. Cook for 2 minutes. Add stock, beer, turkey, pumpkin, salsa verde, peppers, corn, and beans. Bring to a boil. Add cilantro and serve immediately topped with cheddar and avocado.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...