19.3.13

more veggies please

A vegetable never made anyone fat. Okay, maybe they can depending on how they are cooked.
I love pizza. Not the crust. I like the crust. But, I love the toppings. So why not get rid of the crust and add an extra vegetable? We have made this recipe before. The crust needed some perfecting, it needed less liquid. With a few small changes, perfection occurred.

Cauliflower crust pizza:


ingredients:
1 head cauliflower, boiled, drained, and mashed
2 eggs
2t italian herb mix
2c mozzarella cheese

toppings of your choice: tomato sauce, caramelized onions, green pepper, mushrooms, cooked ground turkey, and more cheese is what we chose

Strain mashed cauliflower further using cheese cloth. Mix in egg, herbs, and cheese. Spread out on a rimmed cookie sheet that is lined with foil and sprayed with pam (oops, forgot this part!). Bake at 450 for 15 minutes. Add toppings. Bake until cheese is bubbly and browned. 

Yours will stick less to the pan because you will remember to spray it. Mine, well it was still amazing even thought it did not look perfect. But we do not always judge on looks. I mean, I take my photos with an iPhone in a kitchen with no natural light. Health come first, then maybe I can perfect my food presentation and photography. Keep it real.

Wait, have we had this exact conversation before? Not about real life, but about this pizza recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...