1.11.12

Low-fat pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip, almond, chia seed cookies

Yes, the name is a mouthful. But the end result was amazing! Last week I really felt the need to have some home baked goods in our house so I made banana bread muffins and these cookies. I found a variation of a pumpkin cookie recipe online that appeased me and made some changes, of course. Yes, I have been loving the Skinny Taste blog lately. She has amazing recipes have been filling our house with amazing scents.


ingredients:
1c whole wheat flour
2c old fashioned oats
1/4c chia seeds
1t baking powder
1/2t baking soda
 1/2t salt
1t ground cinnamon
3t pumpkin pie spice
2T, butter at room temperature
1/2c sugar
1/2c brown sugar
1 eggs
6T pureed pumpkin
2t Mexican vanilla
1/2c chocolate chips
1/2c slivered almonds

Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, combine whole wheat flour, old fashioned oats, chia seeds, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. In a large bowl (I use my Kitchenaid mixer) cream butter and sugars on medium speed. Add egg, pumpkin and vanilla and mix until combined. Stir in flour mixture then chocolate chips and slivered almonds. Drop 1T of dough at a time onto baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes.Cool for 3-4 minutes then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
Makes 32 cookies.

I gave some of these cookies to B's colleagues who devoured them immediately. One even commented that he loved that he was eating something healthy. Your welcome boys. I am glad you enjoy my healthy cookies.

By the way - Happy November! Where did October go? I was busy with school and a conference! Anything exciting going on in November? We have a family wedding to attend in Las Vegas (I will  get to see my parents who I have not see since I moved in January) and of course, more school work. Less than one month of classes, then finals and Christmas break!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...