21.5.12

Houston highlights #1

If you saw my post on Friday you would have noticed my packed weekend bag! We went to Houston, TX for the weekend to celebrate B's birthday and our two year engagement anniversary! I have been to the Houston airport 5 or 6 times when flying through but never to the city itself. It was fun to explore a new city and see some place that were new to us. 

 The drive was about 4 hours. We saw some great signs like DeQuincy, LA and Gladys Ave! Luckily I am fast with my iPhone to catch moments like these.

 We stayed at Aloft by Sheraton in the Uptown by the Galleria. The location was perfect for everything we wanted to go to, the staff were nice, the pool was small but had great music playing, and the rooms were modern and comfortable. One of the elevators also had a really cool floor with blue water that would save your footprint!

We shopped at the Galleria where we ate breakfast at La Madeline and browsed the many stores. We also went down the street to West Elm, Crate & Barrel, and Central Market. We bough a couple things at Crate & Barrel for our kitchen! We LOVED Central Market... I will tell (and show) you all about it on Wednesday!


Before we drove home on Sunday we stopped at IKEA for breakfast and to pick up some much needed household items! Guess what! IKEA in Houston has legit eggs! Unlike Edmonton who had eggs that tasted like they came from powder. It was a very exciting moment for us. Finally, on our way home we stopped at Rayne, LA at Candyland Cottage. It has the worlds largest gummy bears (obsessed!) and delish ice cream. We each had some ice cream (some more than others) to enjoy for the drive home.

We loved our weekend in Houston. I cannot wait to go back again. Seriously, we said this so many times all weekend. There are so many places to explore in this city and its close enough for a weekend trip! I apologize if you do not want to hear more about our trip... but I will be posting about our vacation everyday this week! I took tons of photos and we went to so many amazing places I could not jam everything into one post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...