9.4.12

Vegetarian newlyweds

We may not be vegetarians but we are newlyweds. We also love our vegetarian meals in this house. I have a few amazing vegetarian cookbooks that I always refer to when meal planning. It is very healthy to have "meatless" meals a few days a week... it also helps the grocery bill since meat can be very expensive. One of my fave books that was given to me by my bestie is The Newlyweds' Vegetarian Cookbook.

When meal planning Friday night I knew this would make the perfect Easter morning breakfast. We loved poaches eggs so I knew this would be a hit!

poached eggs on spinach with yogurt & spiced butter
 ~ adapted from Newlyweds' Vegetarian Cookbook by myself and B
serves 2

Ingredients:
3 garlic cloves, crushed
4 oz Greek yogurt
4 slices rustic bread
3T butter
1/2 t cumin
1/2 t chili pepper flakes
1/2 t salt
1T EVOO
10 oz spinach
4 large eggs
1T apple cider vinegar

Preheat broiler. Boil water in large saucepan. Boil water in kettle. Mix together crushed garlic and Greek yogurt. Melt butter in frying pan with cumin, chili pepper flakes and salt on low. Toast bread under broiler. Wilt spinach in large boil with water from kettle. Add apple cider vinegar to boiling water in saucepan and turn down. Poach 4 eggs until desired consistency... I like mine very runny! Assemble on plates: bread, yogurt mix, wilted spinach, poached eggs, and butter sauce. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...