30.4.12

First harvest recipe

Exciting news! We have (or should I say had) vegetables ready to harvest in our garden and I knew exactly what to make! I have a great recipe from a vegetarian cookbook we have made in the past but this time it was soooo much better. Why? Because the beans and radishes were grown in our own backyard!

Green Bean Salad with Feta:

ingredients
12 oz fresh green beans
1 red onion, chopped
4T cilantro, chopped
3 radishes, thinly sliced
1 tomato, chopped
1c feta, crumbled
2T fresh oregano, chopped
2T blackberry balsamic vinegar
5T EVOO
pepper

directions
Steam green beans over boiling water for 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and add onion, cilantro, radishes, tomato, feta, and oregano. Add pepper to taste. Wisk together vinegar and oil. Toss gently with salad to mix. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.


We had ours with chicken nuggets for some added protein. I LOVE this salad. I like the freshness of the ingredients, the way the feta softens with the steamed green beans, and the flavor or the basic dressing. I think we will be having it again when we harvest more green beans!

P.S. The next Bodyrock 30 day challenge starts today! Who is joining me? For me, summer is already here. For those of you reading this up north, summer is nearing! Is that enough motivation to kick your own butt for 30 days?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...