15.3.12

It has arrived

If you did not know, last week was my birthday! When my parents asked what I would like... I knew exactly what I wanted! 


In true old lady style, I asked for a sewing machine! I found one I liked on Amazon.com, ordered it, and it arrived on my doorstep yesterday! I ordered the Singer 3321 Talent as I wanted a basic machine that was not electronic. Has anyone out there used an electronic machine? They are very foreign to me so I thought I would stick to what I know.


It was simple to set up, of course, and I got started right away filling a bobbin with black thread so I could fix pants for B and myself.


Of course, I have plans for my sewing machine. I plan to make curtains for our house, maybe some throw pillows when we get a sofa, and anything else I dream up or see on Pinterest! Oh crafts, how I love thee.

Interesting fact: did you know I was quite the seasoned sewer back in my highschool days. In home economics I made a curduroy coat with a silk lining, fur trim, and a zipper. Sewing is one of my hidden talents... most of which seem to be the same talents of people 3 times my age. Need me to make something or fix something? I am ready to go!

Time to prep for the weekend. Its going to be a busy one... St. Patrick's Day is big here so we plan to attend the local parade and rumor has it some big basketball tournament is starting and B's faculty will be watching it here. the boys can watch  basketball all they want... I will be sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...