15.11.11

The muffins that made me patient

I was baking up a storm this past weekend. I was also trying to use up things in my pantry and surprisingly had everything I needed! One of the recipes I made was Oat-Bran Applesauce Muffins I adapted from from Power Foods.

Recipe:
2c unsweetened applesauce
1/2c dated, pitted and chopped
1c wheat bran
1/2c skim milk
1 egg
2T honey
3/4t grated fresh ginger
1/2t mexican vanilla
1/2c + 2T flour
2T ground flax
1 1/2t baking soda
1/4t salt
1/4t allspice
1/4 c old fashioned oats
muffin cups

Cook applesauce and dates, stirring frequently, for 20 minutes. Let cool.
Add bran, milk, egg, honey, ginger,and vanilly or applesauce mixture. Stir to combine. Let sit for 10 minutes.
Combine flour, flaxseed, baking soda, salt, allspice, and oats. Stir into applesauce mixture.
Spoon batter into  lined muffin cups. Top with extra oats.
Bake at 375F for 20 to 23 minutes.
Let cool completely on wire rack.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...