16.11.11

Bonus 107

Did you know I got 107 bonus Air Miles this weekend? Yup, I was loving coupons again. I also ended up with 4lbs of carrots. Since I was already baking, I decided to do something with the carrots.
Also, did you know B hates raisins? On the other hand, Regis Philbin thinks everything is better with raisins. I made morning glory bread this past weekend... but lets call it "moning gloy bead". Since there are no raisins I thought I would leave out the Rs in the name.

Recipe:
1/2c EVOO
2 eggs
1c sugar
1 1/2t Mexican cinnamon
1/4t nutmeg
1t Mexican vanilla
1/3c plain yogurt
1 1/4c grated carrots
2/3c peeled and chopped apple
2/3c all-purpose flour
1/2c rye flour
1 1/2t baking powder
1t baking soda
1T brown sugar

Mix oil, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and yogurt.
Stir in carrots and apple.
Combine flours, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir into wet mixture.
Pour batter into greased loaf pan.
Bake at 350F for 40 minutes. Cool in pan then cool on rack.

It turned out soft and flavorful... even without the raisins! By the way, if you are ever in Mexico, you should pick up vanilla and cinnamon. Vanilla is easy to find in many shops. Cinnamon is much harder to find but worth the adventure. I usually find it an small grocery shops or markets. The biggest challenge, is finding someone who can translate for me!

B claims this is the best loaf he has ever had. What a great compliment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...