14.11.11

Broccoli & cheese bread

Lately, I have been trying to use items in my freezer. The other day I found a whole grain pizza crust and knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. We LOVE Emeril's recipe for Sausage Bread but I wanted something with vegetables, broccoli to be exact. I decided it substitute steamed broccoli for the sausage and use aged cheddar for a less greasy cheese. It turned out perfectly... actually I think I  out-did myself on this one as it disappeared very quickly.
 
Doesn't the crust look rustic? The broccoli was an amazing healthy substitute.  I served with with  homemade tomato sauce for dipping and steamed green and yellow beans.  Next time, I should make it with a homemade pizza crust!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...