3.11.11

Baking bee

Sunday morning I woke up wanting something healthy but freshly baked. I have been trying to use up various ingredients in my house, specifically lots of rye flour and tons of saskatoon berries and blueberries. The easiest and most appealing thing I could think of was scones.

Saskatoon Rye Scones:
1c white flour
1c rye flour
3T sugar
1T baking powder
3/4t salt
1/2 c hard butter
1 1/2 c bleuberries
2/3 c skim milk

mix together dry ingredients
blend in hard butter with pastry blender
stir in blueberries
mix in milk
pat out into circle, cut into wedges, place on cookie sheet
bake for approx. 20 minutes at 375 degrees

The vision for my scones came from Martha Stewart and my classic cone recipe. B loves his with honey, I ate mine plain. Once again foolproof and delicious. I imagine I will be making these again very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...