7.9.11

Tomato Gazpacho

This weekend I made a tomato gazpacho with fresh summer ingredients. It was delicious so I thought I would share it. I found it on The Galley Gourmet then made some adjustments based on what I had available.
 

My version:

3lbs ripe tomatoes or varying colours (I used black, red and yellow), core removed and cut into wedges
1/2 english cucumber, seeded and roughly chopped
2 small yellow peppers
1/2 yellow onion
4 green onions, green part only
1/4 c basil
2T oregano
1t nutmeg
10 cloves of garlic
1c tomato puree
1/4c red wine vinegar
3T evoo
1t salt
dash Mexican hot sauce

In large food processor, put everything except the last three ingredients, pulse until desired consistency. Add evoo, salt, and hot sauce, pulse a few more times. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to allow for flavors to blend. Serve in chilled bowls with a fresh basil leaf.

We also enjoyed it with ciabatta, roasted garlic, manchego, and red wine!

Thank you Nicole @ The Galley Gourmet for this great recipe! I imagine I will be making more of your recipes in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...