20.9.11

Banana bread muffins

I have been wanting to make banana bread for a while as we have over a dozen bananas in the freezer.  I have a fave banana bread recipe that actually turns out much better as muffins. Sometime banana bread does not cook consistently through and I hate the doughy middle.
Here is my fave recipe taken from Power Foods with a few modifications:

Combing dry ingredients:
3/4c whole wheat flour
1/2c white flour
1/4c ground flax seed
1/2t coarse salt
3/4t baking powder
1/2t baking soda

Combine wet ingredients:
1 large egg + 1 egg white
2T melted butter
1/2c brown sugar
1 1/2t Mexican vanilla
3 ripe banana adjustments

Combine wet and dry. Pour into lined muffin tins. Bake for 20 minutes at 350. The recipe makes 12. B ate one before I could find my camera.

We enjoy ours with margarine or honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...