25.8.11

a few random thoughts

First, the exciting news of the week. I finally have sweet pea flowers on my plant:
Success! It only took till mid way through August. They did not like all the rain in June and July but have been much happier with the heat this past week. I am glad summer finally decided to show up! I head on the radio this morning there are only 26 more days of summer. I am hoping for an indian summer and a late snowfall this year.

2. People are crazy drivers these days! Enough said here.

3. I have a daily calendar about grammar... yes, I am a nerd. It is from "Eats, Shoots, and Leaves". right now everything is about the exclamation point. Or is it an exclamation mark? Here is Tuesday's quote:

In the family of punctuation, where the full stop (period) is the daddy and the comma is the mummy, and the semicolon quietly practices the piano with crossed hands, the exclamation mark is the big attention-deficit brother who gets over-excited and breaks thing and laughs too loudly.

I love this!

5. Julie from PBFingers posted about Canadian bacon. I would call it back bacon. Hmmm. the French do not eat "French fries" and the Chinese do not eat "Chinese food". I think back bacon is a great name. i would never want to mix up something that yummy with regular bacon.

6. Ben is the new bachelor.

7. I feel as though I need more structure to my posting schedule. Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...