9.6.11

Productivity

Now that you know what self-care is, you should get a refresher on productivity.

Productivity includes:

Productivity refers to an individual's contributions to society through both paid and unpaid work. Older adults often take part in the productivity occupations of household management, caring for family members, volunteer work, or paid employment. The physical and/or cognitive limitations that older adults may encounter can affect an individual's ability to fulfill productivity roles and responsibilities.

What do I do for productivity? Lots!
1. I work full-time in healthcare... no, you don't get to hear about my work as healthcare information is confidential. I love my job. I find it challenging and intriguing.
2. I teach reformer Pilates... not very often, maybe once a week
3. I teach a course on interprofessional health team development with health care students
4. I am on the board for Emerging Health Leaders - Edmonton

I also find crafting to be productivity for me. Gardening would fit in this category too. I love to knit. I started to knit as a diet strategy. It keeps my hands busy in the evening so I snack less. I taught myself to knit but I do have a knitting hotline I can call... it is labelled Gramma. 

I plan to share my projects... and maybe some patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...