20.5.14

gluten-free vegan shortbread cookies

Who doesn't love cookies? I am always looking for healthy cookie recipes so when this recipe came out on Tone It Up last week I knew I had to try it. They turned out so well I thought I would share the recipe with you!

1 1/2c almond flour

2T coconut oil, at room temperature

1t Mexican vanilla

1/4t salt

1T maple syrup

1/4t coconut sugar

 

Mix together dry ingredient in a bowl. Make a well and add wet ingredients. With a fork, mix together ingredients until dough forms a ball and pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Place the dough between 2 sheets of parchment and refrigerate for an hour.

Preheat oven to 375. Remove dough from fridge and roll out between sheets of parchment until dough is 1/8" thick. Use cookie cutter to cut shapes (I used sea shells) and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove and let cool completely.

For icing, mix a small amount of coconut extract with plain Greek yogurt. Spoon into a small bag. Cut corner and add icing to make lines of sea shell!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...