16.8.13

InstaFriday

We're home! After a fun vacation we are back to reality... class, meetings, teaching. Here's a recap of our week in Orlando via InstaGram:
1. We made it! I dropped B off every day but did not go to any of the theme parks. It was nice to see a different side of Orlando. 2. We loved the Omni at Championsgate. The hotel was amazing and only 15 minutes from most Disney parks. I highly recommend it... and with the summer promotion is was only $95/ night! 3. I was so excited for the Lululemon outlet... but it was very picked over. Instead I went to a regular store and shopped till I dropped. More about that next week! 4. We found a cute little bistro by our hotel called Paris Express. We expected Americanized french food. Instead we got an authentic french meal. Yum!

5. The Whole Foods in Orlando has a fresh juice bar. My green juice that was made of kale, spinach, broccoli, and pineapple was amazing. I cannot wait to recreate it at home. 6. At Downtown Disney I enjoyed a yummy drink that was 1/2 sangria & 1/2 margarita. It was exactly what I needed... something to quench my thirst. 7. At Downtown Disney we also went to Babycakes! I had the blondie with chocolate chips and chocolate frosting. It was refined sugar-free, gluten-free, wheat free, soy-free, dairy-free, egg-free, vegan and kosher. I have no clue what was in it, but I loved every crumb! 8. I was due for some new shoes from the Nike outlet. I did not end up buying any of the shoes in the photo... I got these ones instead.

 9. This dress is the best for traveling. It does not show wrinkles even after it has been in the bottom of a suitcase for 2 weeks, it is light for humid southern nights, and it appropriate for almost all restaurants. 10. Last night in Orlando = amazing mini golf. 11. Then we got home in time to watch the season premiere of Duck Dynasty! 12. On the drive home I made this scarf. A friend asked for one in green months ago. I finally found the perfect yarn and made it on the drive home. I love knitting on road trips. Of course I had to try it on for a photo!

Have a great weekend. We will be getting ready for the semester to start, picking up some much needed groceries and getting a few things done around the house. I did some organizing earlier today and made a huge dent in my to-do list.


1 comment:

  1. I really want to try green juice/smoothies but I fear that everyone is just lying about them tasting good... haha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...