4.6.13

sauteed brussel sprout salad

B was out of town last week which means that I made everything he does not like... blue cheese and brussel sprouts.  I did not think I liked brussel sprouts but I read recently that they are very good when chopped and sauteed. I really wanted to try it this way because I have been enjoying so many new foods lately. Dinner for myself was the perfect time to try the recipe!

sauteed brussel sprout salad

12 brussel sprouts, stems removed, thinly sliced and separated
5 slices pancetta, diced
8oz mushrooms, sliced
1T coconut oil
1/4c craisins
1/4c chopped walnuts
1/2c blue cheese crumbles

Melt coconut oil in a pan. Add pancetta and cook until crispy. Add brussel sprouts and mushrooms. Sautee until cooked through. I like my mushrooms extra soft so I always add a few minutes to the cook time. Remove from heat. In a large bowl mix sauteed ingredients with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.

This salad was refreshing and delicious. I now know I really like brussel sprouts this way. They were sweet and full of flavor. Sorry mom, you may need to change how your serve this vegetable... although I do not think I could convince you to add blue cheese... or KD to eat mushrooms... or B to eat craisins or brussel sprouts. I guess dad and I will be eating this one by ourselves.

This also made amazing leftovers the next day! Yes, I like stinky food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...