7.11.12

Tomato tart

Sometimes I get a vision for a meal and it needs to be made immediately. Sunday was the day... minus the immediately part since I thought of the idea in the morning and made it for dinner. The idea: a tomato tart in my fave tart pan! My inspiration came from Vegetarian Newlyweds. It is our most used cookbook! If you want a great vegetarian cookbook I highly recommend this one!


ingredients:
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
2T basil pesto
2c low fat mozzarella
2C halved red & yellow cherry tomatoes
ground pepper
1/4c sliced black olives
1T dried bouquet garni

Place thawed puff pastry in tart pan, I had to stretch mine a bit. Spread pesto on the base of the tart, cover with mozzarella and tomatoes. Add ground pepper, sliced black olives, and bouquet garni. Bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 30 minutes. Serve warm.

Ours was served with baked tilapia, roasted broccoli, and some leftover potato wedges. It was delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...