13.11.12

Teach me something: correlation vs. causation

Here's a fact we learned in both research methods and stats this semester:

correlation does not equal causation

Let's apply this to real life:
There is a strong positive correlation between a new catalog and line of clothing at J.Crew and me pinning everything I love on Pinterest. Let's take a look of some of those items that happen to be released in stores tomorrow:


Luckily for B there is not a causal relationship between all of these things being pinned on Pinterest and a decrease in our bank account/ everything finding its way to my closet... I know better. But I can still dream. 

Does Pinterest feed my addiction of shopping or better allow me to pin everything I love then think about it until it is sold out and therefor do not buy everything I see? I prefer to hope the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...