28.11.12

Homemade satsuma marlamade

I know this was supposed to be a surprise, but I could not wait to post about my satsuma marmalade. If you do not like marmalade, I am sorry, but I bet you may be getting some for Christmas this year. As you may have previously read, we have a satsuma tree in our yard that produced a ton of fruit this year... approx 250 pieces of fruit. I had no clue what we were going to do with all of the satsumas. I searched for ideas on Pinterest and found Martha's recipe for tangerine marmalade. I figured I could swap out the tangerines for satsumas. Martha always know what she is doing... and she is a good teacher too!

After peeling, chopping, and removing seeds I was ready to go! It took longer than expected to cook down (about 45 minutes longer than she predicted - I am not sure if it was the different orange variety or the humidity in the south) but it turned out perfectly. It was also my first time canning anything by myself... but when the self-sealing jars "popped" I knew I was successful!

I would re-write the recipe but who are we kidding, I followed Martha's recipe to a t and she deserves all the credit for this one.

Get your favourite toast ready! I will bring the marmalade. 

I also think this would bet great in pistachio shortbread cookies sandwiches or for baked brie! Oh the possibilities... I could get used to this homemade marmalade thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...