28.6.12

Carrot harvest

Although it has been hot this week, it has not been overly humid. The lack of humidity gave me the opportunity to harvest my carrots! Its surprisingly nice outside when it is 101F and only 34% humidity!


We have a shallow garden bed so most of them were very short! The hummus came out last night and I think we devoured about a quarter of the carrots. They were delish! 

The garden is mostly complete for the season (except tomatoes) which will give the soil time to regenerate once we pull all the weeds and mix in some compost. Here in Louisiana you can do a spring garden and a fall garden. I plan to plant more vegetables for my second garden of the year including more beans, lettuce, zucchini, and hopefully some sweet potatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...