22.11.11

Tartiflette

You know what I love about the blogging world? Sharing recipes. Someone posts a recipe, someone finds it and they adapt it, you find it and you adapt it again. Blogs have exponentially increased my recipe repertoire. I like to think my version is healthier but maybe its just based around what I have available.

We had a bunch of potatoes in our pantry that needed to be used and I could not decide what to do with them. What do I do when I do not know what to make? Go to Tastespotting, type in an ingredient, look at pictures, and pick something to make. Last week I found the perfect recipe for my potatoes: Tartiflette.

What is this you ask? Well it is a French dish that originated in my aunt's region of France. Definitely a selling feature of the recipe. Everything she makes is tasty so this must mean its a great recipe. It has cheese in it too?!? SOLD! I found the recipe on ferdakost then made some modifications, of course.


Recipe:
2T EVOO
1 white onion, finely chopped
200g black forest ham, cut into matchsticks
3/4c dry white wine
8 waxy potatoes cut into cubes with skin on
1T herbes de Provence
1c skim milk
250g Swiss Raclette cheese cut into large cubes
1t French thyme

Heat oil in deep frying pan. Add onion and ham. Cook over low heat (10 minutes).
Add wine, cook until evaporated (2-3 minutes).
Add potatoes and herbes de Provence, cook until tender (15 minutes).
Add milk, cook for 1 minutes, remove from heat.
Spoon half the potatoes into greased casserole dish then top with half the cheese. Repeat. Top with thyme.
Bake in 350F oven for 40 minutes. Enjoy!

B thought the cheese was really stinky when it was baking but was surprised at the mellow taste. We will make this recipe again when we have leftover potatoes... and cheese. Wait, when do we ever have left over cheese? I will just make a special trip for the perfect cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...