30.9.11

Trends that return

My parents always laugh when I obsess over something that was "in style" when they were my age, the most recent of these being moccasins. If there were hoarders in that household I would have been able to inherit some beautiful leather moccasin boots... but because our gene pool loves to throw things out...  those moccasins are no longer possessed by  my parents and I have to go buy my own. This is not a complaint about throwing things away, I hate clutter, but I wish we were able to predict what fashions should have been kept. Moccasins have changed slightly since their time, but that does not mean I could not have worn theirs.

I can't stop thinking about the short style. I am trying to to buy any new fall/ winter clothes... but shoes don't count as seasonal clothes as they can be worn all the time, right? They would be prefect for traveling... comfortable, warm, and easily removable for security. I think I am sold as I have many upcoming trips in my future!

Interesting fact - I always travel with socks in my purse so I can put them on when I remove my shoes for security. I refuse to walk on the floor in bare feet and for some reason always travel wearing shoes with no socks. People look at me like I am nuts until they realize they have no socks. I wonder when the last time the floor was thoroughly cleaned in security at EIA. Even worse... when security has carpets... I bet it barely ever gets cleaned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...