16.8.11

A healthy start

Good morning,
Sometimes the stars just know how to align themselves in the blogging world. Yesterday, I found an empty jar of peanut butter in  the fridge... weird place for it but I did not mind. I knew right away what I wanted to do with this... make overnight oats in a jar! Luckily, I did not need to look hard for the recipe as Courtney from Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life, posted it yesterday. I decided since it was my first time making something that is seen all over the health living blogs, I would follow her recipe exactly.... well close depending on what I had available.

Here it is:
1/3 c oats
1/3 c milk (I did not have almond milk which would have probably made it creamier)
1/3 c water
2 T plain yogurt
1/2 mashed banana
2 t chia seeds
1 t Mexican vanilla
1 t Mexican cinnamon (next time I would add way more but I love cinnamon)

Mix all the ingredients up in a empty PJ jar and refrigerate overnight.  This morning I was freezing since it was 8 degrees outside so I warmed up my oats in the microwave for 45 seconds prior to eating.
It was delicious but could definitely use more spices.  I only ate about half this morning as I decided to stop eating when I was full... what a concept. I put it back in the fridge for a pre workout snack. I wonder if it will be too mushy then?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...