27.6.11

Time For a Change

After a wedding comes changes... some small, some big. Since I cannot change my last name until we have our marriage certificate (thanks Canada Post!), we have been spending time integrating other areas of our lives.
 Our biggest project right now being where we workout. Previously B was at The U and I was at the YMCA. We always talked about getting a membership to workout at the same place once he no longer had a free membership and we were living together. So the question is, does he sign up with me at the YMCA or do we go somewhere new? Or is that really the question? After touring three gyms on Sunday, our question changed. Comparing prices, all three facilities were the same price +/- $10 so price is not a determining factor. Neither of is swim, so a pool is not necessary. I love classes... the new location must have classes I  like and a schedule that will work for me. I refuse to shower in public... private showers are a necessity. I would like a sauna. We would like individual TVs for each machine... always more motivating to go when you can choose you own channel. The location must be within a 5 minute drive.

Our determining question became : Where will we be most likely to achieve our goals?
So we have filled all of our necessities with one location, can we accomplish our goals at this location too?  Have I missed anything important when picking a new gym? Hopefully we will make our final decision tonight, can go sign up and do a workout!

We also discussed personal training at one of the locations. They recommended twice per week. Two times per week for 3 months is $1200 per person. That may have to wait while but could be an option at some point. We get two free sessions each if we sign up at World Health, that may help us make a better decision about this investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...