27.5.13

polenta pizza bites

We love polenta, but you already know that. Polenta is a new love for me since moving to Louisiana... but pizza is not! I have loved pizza all my life. Why not combine the two? To make it even easier, polenta comes in a log that you can slices and make bite size pizzas. Genious! Clearly not... I googled and this is definitely not a an original recipe. Even Oprah had it on her website! But this is my version, my way.


1 roll premade polenta
mozzarella, mushrooms, green onion, sun dried tomatoes, decided bell pepper, & goat cheese

Cut polenta into 1/2inch thick slices. Bake at 425 for 10 minutes on a cookie sheet sprayed with pam, flip after 5 minutes. Add toppings. We put the mozzarella on the polenta crust so everything would stay still then all the veggies with the goat cheese on top. Bake for 7-9 minutes & enjoy!

You really could put any topping on these. We love vegetarian toppings so this was a great combo for us. Maybe next time I will try proscuitto, basil & portobello mushrooms. I recommend trying this for your next Friday night date at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...