25.10.12

Cauliflower crust pizza

Its no secret, I am always trying to find way to integrate more veggies into our diet. Seriously, we live in an area obsessed with fried everything so we try to be very conscious of what we eat. Its also no secret that I LOVE pizza. I found a recipe on Pinterest for pizza made with a cauliflower crust. Genius? I think so! If you follow my Instagram feed I bet you were drooling over this one on Saturday afternoon like I was.


Ingredients:
1 head cauliflower
1/2c evoo, divided
2 eggs
2c shredded mozzarella
pizza sauce
pizza toppings: cooked ground turkey with onion and red peppers, mushrooms, green onions, sliced tomatoes
grated Parmesan

Cut cauliflower into pieces, boil for 20 minutes or until soft. Drain and mash until almost all the lumps are gone with a potato masher.  Mix with 1/4c evoo, 2 eggs, and 1c shredded mozzarella. Spray a rimmed baking sheet or pizza pan (the rim in very important) with cooking spray. Spread out on cookie sheet until about 1/2" thick. Bake in 350 oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and add pizza sauce, toppings, drizzle with 1/4c evoo, then top with 1c mozzarella and parmesan. Bake for 20 more minutes at 350 until cheese is bubbly.


This recipe filled an entire large cookie sheet so we have lots of leftovers for weeknight meals or a healthy snack. I definitely do not feel as guilty eating a piece of late night pizza when the crust is made with veggies! I highly recommend trying this. It does not taste the same as regular pizza because it does not have a bread crust and must be eaten with a fork (which I do anyways) but it definitely satisfies a pizza craving!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...