29.3.12

Strawberry tart

Remember all those strawberries I froze a while back? Well I decided to use some up with an extra sheet of puff pastry that was in my fridge on the weekend! A strawberry tart seemed like a simple idea, and it was! Strawberries remind me a summer, and since it feels like summer here (+27C and sunny!), I knew they would be the perfect end to our weekend.


Ingredients:
defrosted strawberries
sugar 
water
puff pastry

Directions:
Defrost approx 3 cups of strawberries for slicing and puree. Slice approx 1 1/2 c strawberries and save in a bowl. Put other half of strawberries in a small saucepan with water and sugar. Bring to a boil, let simmer for approx 5 minutes. Let cool. Puree with immersion blender, chill in fridge. Roll out puff pastry sheet on a floured surface until it fits your tart pan. I like the rustic look so I make mine too big then fold in the edges. Place puff pastry in tart pan, fill with strawberry puree and sliced strawberries. Bake in 350F oven for approx 45 minutes or until puff pastry is golden and cooked through. Let cool then slice.


Yes, it was as delicious as it looked. I could have had an entire bowl of strawberry puree! B likes his with fresh whipped cream but I prefer mine plain. This is really easy to prepare early then bake while you eat dinner. I cannot wait to make this again or something similar with a different fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...