13.2.12

Foodie adventures

We had a busy and fun filled weekend. We had to get insurance, look at furniture, run errands, and get groceries. The best part of the weekend The food, of course! 

Friday night we went to the food truck gathering by our house. We saw many of the BR food trucks on Eat Street so we were very excited to give them a try. In attendance was Taco do Paco and Curbside of the ones we wanted to try.
 I had the daily special - the "grilled cheese burger" (a burger with lettuce tomato, and a slice of grilled cheese) which was delicious. Brian had the "Brian burger" (a burger with pork belly preserves) which he also enjoyed. We also shared a side of the parmesan fries which were a major highlight for us. We also tried the chicken taco from Taco de Paco as I have been wanting to try their truck. It was no where near as good as Curbside's burgers but it would suffice for street food.

After a chilly and rainy day the burger really satisfied my hunger. We were lucky the rain stopped for the event but the event was quieter than I expected.

Saturday morning we got up early to go to the Red Stick Farmer's Market. I did not take many photos as it was still quite chilly and I wanted to keep my hands warm, maybe next time. I did not buy much as the produce is more pricy than the local produce market but muffuletta bread, goat cheese, and honey found its way into my basket.

Then, to my surprise, we went to the indoor portion only to find some of the local food trucks have permanent stands at the market! I love crepes so I knew I had to have a GoYaya crepe for breakfast. No, I did not have 4 crepes for breakfast, but it was so delicious and appetizing it deserved multiple photos!
It was the ham, spinach, and brie crepe with strawberry preserves.  I hope to take visitors here in the future as I think it is something everyone would really enjoy.

Time to go work off all this wonderful food and start planning my garden. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...