20.12.11

Sigh of relief

Yesterday was nuts. Everything (minus my clothes and toiletries... its a long story that includes 2 large suitcases, a duffel bag, a small suitcase, and a large box all filled with my clothes) is on its way to Louisiana in the moving truck. I had to work all day and teach Pilates all night so some very wonderful friends helped B move everything into the truck. Also, I can finally say this:

Heck yes! The condo officially sold as of 9pm last night. I am sad to be leaving our home. Its the first place I ever lived alone and the first place B and I called home together. It was a wonderful home that I will miss. There are so many memories that have been created here in the past few years. Our first dinner... a crazy Christmas dinner with 18 adults, 4 kids, and a chocolate lab... our everyday routine. Oh and who could forget wedding planning... yummy dinners (and brunch of course)... and B passing his doctorate.
Thank you Edmonton, you have served us well. We shall see you again soon... on vacation... but only in the summer! 

Or for those of you who know about all the other chaos in my life... I will see Edmonton after Christmas... but only for 2 weeks, I hope! Some days I feel it would be most appropriate to write a book on immigrating to the USA, what to be prepared for, and what we have learned along the way. Unfortunately everyone's journey is so different that I would not want to mislead anyone. But seriously, they need a how to guide for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...