12.9.11

What to do?

Sundays are a difficult day when making food decisions. We want to make something that will give us leftovers for the week but we don't want to stress too much over cooking. I also had another predicament. What do you do when you ask for hot LEAN cappicolo at the Italian Centre, and they give you hot FATTY cappicolo? I decided to make it into "bacon" bits by chopping it up, crisping it in a frying pan, and draining the fat off on a paper towel. I would not want anything to go to waste and this turned out to be a great option. We combined it with sage butter sauce, peas, and spinach linguini for an amazing dinner... and quick.

What else did we do this weekend? Some killer workouts; we wore our new shirts to workout as we are in a study at the U of A. They are not attractive so A) I do not wear it out in public without a shirt over top and B) you will not see a pic of me in it.

I also got new lenses in my oldest glasses, did some tidying around the condo, ran errands, and watched football. Oh, Saturday was a scorcher so we hung out on the deck in the evening, it was wonderful. I will be so sad when summer is officially over.

Finally, I decided to buy us a treat on Saturday. It was cupcakes from Crave Cupcakes. Delicious! The flavored enjoyed included The Princess, Dirty Blonde, and a Doughnut Cupcake. I just saw on their Blog they make lemon curd! I bet that would be delicious too.


Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...