26.7.11

The last mango in Paris

Last week was a busy week for us. We spent the week in France, Reims and Paris to be exact. We were go for one week so with all of the travel time we had about 2.5 days at each location. It did rain a few times but that did not damper our holiday. I did surprisingly well on transitioning my sleep schedule with the 8 hour time difference.

Food... we ate tons of good food and of course drank lots of amazing wine. I can honestly say I did not stress too much over what I ate and did not workout once. The lack of workouts was because we stayed at tiny boutique hotels without fitness facilities and did not want to run in the rain. Oh a good note, I walked for about 8 hours a day so that was my workout.

Things I did in Reims:
wandered the downtown area and looked at all the shops
went to Lafayette Galleries
went to the Notre Dame in Reims
bought random food related Christmas presents for fanily
ate at some amazing restaurants... to be posted later
went to the crypts
got caught up on everything BBC since it was the only English station on the TV... want a summary of the NOTW cell phone hacking scandal? 

Things I did in Paris:
went to the Notre Dame
shopped till we dropped everywhere! we did not buy very much, I promise
went to the Eiffel Towel... but did not go up as the lines were too long
toured the Opera House... by the way... we would like to have our one year wedding anniversary here:
went to the top of the Arc de Triomphe
wandered Ile Saint Louis and Ile de la Cite
ate at some wonderful places... I will some posts on this soon too!
walked around Jardin du Luxembourg
shopped at Prentemps... which we much preferred to Lafayette Galleries
found The Conran Shop... which was actually quite disappointing due to the last of Sophie dishes

We saw a long list of things during our time in France but know we missed quite a bit...  for example: every museum. I cannot wait to go back again to see even more! Once I am caught up with everything else in life, I will post more about our trip!

C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...