21.7.11

Cafe Chloe

Prior to any vacation, I  always go to the local library and check out some travel books. Prior to our trip to San Diego, I pick up Fodor's San Diego to do some research on places I would like to shop and eat... always the necessities on any trip where B is working. One of the places I read about was Cafe Chloe. It was about a 20 minute walk from our hotel, but definitely worth the distance and the exercise. When I arrived I was greeted by a quaint patio and very helpful staff (who later gave me instructions on how to use the San Diego trolley and how to get to Fashion Valley).

The first day I went for breakfast and had the poached eggs with mushrooms and brioche. It also included a side of field greens and asparagus. It was amazing! It was accompanied by water and a glass of iced coffee. What a prefect breakfast for a beautiful California morning and to prepare me for shopping all day.

The next few days I could not stop thinking about Cafe Chloe and the rest of their menu. I loved it so much that I knew I had to go back again.

On my second trip, for dinner this time, I had their soup of the day and a mushroom & bleu d'auvergne tart. What an amazing meal! The tart was perfectly creamy with the rich flavor of blue cheese. I paired it with a glass of California red wine.


Cafe Chloe also has free wireless internet so I was able to email photos of the food I was eating to my fellow foodies at home! To complete the evening, a woman and her very well behaved dog sat down on the patio... so of course I had to take a photo of him with his patriotic scarf!

Next time you are in San Diego, make sure you stop at Cafe Chloe or just check out their menus on their website!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...